Thursday, July 20, 2006

God has good timing.

Yesterday was a tiring day for me. We just returned this weekend from a missions trip to Mexico, and I really hadn't been able to take time to slow down, refocus and get back on track. I was tired, I was weary, I was exhausted physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Our trip was great. Lives were touched. People got saved. Bodies got healed. It was great. But I came back from the trip more tired than I've been in a long, long time.

One of my adult leaders stepped back from his role working with our worship team. Another leader has kids who continue to battle illnesses. The circle of leaders around me is much, much smaller than it needs to be to minister to the number of students in our group -- let alone create deep, rich, health that will allow us to grow as a ministry and reach more students.

So last night, at our midweek youth service, a family showed up with their 2 junior high-age students. (We still have our JrHi and HS students together on Wednesdays -- sorry.) After the service, both parents were pleased with the response their kids have had to our youth service over the last two weeks, including the week our missions team was gone.

Here's the kicker. Not only are the students eager to get more involved, both parents want to learn more about working with our team. They've been attending our church for awhile but haven't found their place to get connected. Until now, perhaps.

I love God's timing. I'm not quite at the end of my rope -- but close. I'm weary and tired and didn't really want to be at youth service last night. But God wanted me there, and the team needed me there, and I'm glad I was there. You never quite know when God will open the right door.

No comments: