Sunday, July 30, 2006

Gaughta loev thoes errurs.

"To err is human. To really mess things up requires a computer."

I remember this quote from many, many years ago. Back before computers had mouses (mice?).

I think this is a better version: "To err is human. To really mess things up requires an unrealistic pressure and deadline to constantly maintain fresh news on a website."

For the record, the error was fixed a few minutes after this appeared.

And additionally for the record, I had some beauties of headlines mistakes back when I worked in newspapers. Bad news: When your headline error appears in print, you can't change it. The error lives forever.

FYI, in case you still don't recognize the error: The offer from Israel was for 48 HOURS, not 48 YEARS. I think YEARS would have qualified as a potential peace treaty.

No comments: