Thursday, January 18, 2007

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.

Not really. Just the wood inside my fireplace. One of my roommates took the initiative and fixed a crack inside the fireplace, so now we have fire! Tonight was the first fire in the fireplace. Quite cool.

In my house growing up (still my mom's home in Turlock), we had a gas control that allowed us to cheat when starting a fire. Not here. It has to happen the old-fashioned way. Skills are needed. Too bad I skipped that whole Boy Scouts stage of life.

No comments: