Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Political season: It's in the air(waves).

We've started seeing more political TV ads in recent days. Most of the ads involve the state propositions on the February 5 ballot, but now a new face is being seen: Hillary, proclaiming her ability to heal the nation, rescue the health care system, and bring global peace to this planet and the entire galaxy.

Or something like that.

Yea, the election is almost here. I'm registered as a "permanent" absentee voter, so I've already received my absentee ballot, and this time around I get to vote in the Democratic primary. I'm actually a "non-partisan" voter, but the Dems and American Independents allow NPs to vote in their primary. And considering I can't even name a single AI candidate from the last 100 years, the only real option is to vote Democrat.

And I can tell you this: I'm a big believer in the ABC approach to politics this year. "Anybody But Clinton." We had a Bush then a Clinton then a Bush... the last thing we need is a Clinton again. Let's find a new voice, a new vision, a new leader. Quit going back to the dynastic cesspool.

No comments: