Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Political musings.

I'm fascinated by this year's presidential for many reasons. One of the biggest fascinations is watching a relatively liberal Democrat vie for the votes of evangelical Christians and a relatively conservative Republican largely ignore (or weakly attempt) to connect with those same voters.

I don't know who I'll vote for this November. It won't be Bob Barr, and it won't be Ralph Nader. Not that I oppose the concept of third parties; I voted for Ross Perot in 1992, the first time I could vote for president. But both Barr and Nader just don't cut it.

Anyway, I've been closely following online articles about Obama and McCain and issues of faith. Here are a couple of interesting articles I found today relating to Obama and faith:

Obama focuses on faith; McCain slams earmarks in crime speech

Obama works to mobilize 'Christian left'

1 comment:

AshliO said...

It is indeed an interesting year for faith and politics. I posted my own thoughts today on my blog. Let the egg throwing ensue!
PS: Had no idea you voted Perot. We must have debated the issue back in the day!