Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Some meetings aren't fatal.

Tuesday is my big meeting day each week. The day begins at 8:30AM when I meet with my senior pastor to discuss all kinds of things, some of it ministry. We have our full staff meeting at 1PM, and lately I've been meeting with some of our creative team later in the afternoon as we make final preparations for our Christmas production. Tonight we had a drama team meeting -- a.k.a. practice -- to cap off the day. So, I spent close to 5 hours today in meetings.

But I'm not complaining (today, anyway). It was a productive day with lots of good discussion and dialogue and results. Today's meetings also came on the heels of a great gathering last night with the leaders of our Route 1 girls small groups. I've been here for 3 1/2 years, and we've always struggled with consistency and effectiveness in our youth small groups. But we have a dedicated group of women who are pouring themselves into the lives of our junior-highers, high-schoolers, and young adults. I left Monday evening's meeting encouraged, inspired, motivated, focused and energized. I like that kind of meeting.

Now we're just praying for a group of men to step forward to lead the guys! I know God's bringing them, and I know He'll make it all happen. I want it to happen NOW, but I also want it to happen WELL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob Cunningham said...

Spam stinks.