Sunday, August 19, 2007

Goodbye, early 30s.

Today is the final day of my early 30s. Back in my 20s, I had a conversation with a friend about exactly how to divide each decade. Our solution was quite brilliant: the "early" years are 0-3; the "mid-" years are 4-6; and the "late" years are 7-9. So, a 22-year-old is in his "early" 20s, while a 28-year-old is in her "late" 20s.

And now I'm in my 30s. Tomorrow I turn 34, ushering in the beginning of my mid-30s. I just stepped into a new ministry role at my church. I own my own home. I drive a moderately new car that isn't falling apart and isn't covered in oxidized paint. I've got a great family, with a wife and 2 kids. (Well, OK, haven't quite gotten to that part yet...)

Now sure if I'm happy or sad to see my early 30s ending. Perhaps I'm just in a reflective mood tonight. Seasons of change tend to do that to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rob. Hope your mid thirties are some of the greatest of your life. I have lived there for 2 years and it is fun. Congrats on the change of ministry positions too. May God richly bless you.