Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hey, I know that guy on the billboard!

Strange experience yesterday. I was driving along a major street near our church, and I glanced up at a billboard and thought I knew the guy on the sign! In fact, I was pretty convinced it was Mike Tuck, a professional angler who attends our church.

It turns out Mike's primary sponsor for the upcoming season is Hydrate 2-O, and it's one of their billboards. There's another billboard in Roseville/Rockline with ultimate fighter Urijah Faber and then a third one downtown with both guys on it. And there are at least 3 buses in town with the ads on them.

Pretty cool.

I agreed with Mike when he said it's kinda weird to see yourself up on a billboard. But as I pointed out, I'd rather see myself on a product endorsement sign than on one of those "most wanted" signs!

No comments: