Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tag. I'm it.

Yet another example of viral activity on the Internet. But this has a little bit more depth to it than funny videos that tell people to part the Red Sea. Thanks, Josh.

1. One book that changed your life: This is tough. Best answer is "Visioneering," Andy Stanley. Challenging, thought-provoking, encouraging book for leaders.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: "Fahrenheit 451," Ray Bradbury. Sorry Michael Moore. I'll pick the original book over the knockoff film any day, and twice on Tuesday.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: "War and Peace," Leo Tolstoy. It's really, really big, so it will take me many, many days to read through it each time as I lament my desert experience. BTW, shouldn't this be "deserted" island and not a "desert" island? If you're on an island, you have water nearby, which seems to limit the impact of being an alleged desert. Just a thought.

4. One book that made you laugh: "The Know It All," A.J. Jacobs. It's a hilarous account of a guy who decided to read the entire Encyolpaedia Britannica. Fun.

5. One book that made you cry: "The Last Battle," C.S. Lewis. I admit it. I really like the whole Narnia series. I've lost track of how many times I've read each book. Some may criticized Lewis' work, but I love it. I still get a little misty-eyed at the end of the seven-book series (any time I read 'em, I read 'em all in a row).

6. One book you wish had been written: "All the Winning Lottery Numbers of the Early 21st Century," Nostradamus.

7. One book you wish had never been written: Hmmm. Tough one. Let's go with "My Life," Bill Clinton. Is he really deep enough to warrant such a huge tome?

8. One book you’re currently reading: Just one? I'm in the middle of reading three. "Franklin and Winston," Jon Meacham. It's a down-to-earth biography of the friendship between FDR and Winston Churchill during WWII. Good read.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Just one? There are so many unread books that line my shelves. Let's pick "Leading from the Second Chair," Mike Bonem and Roger Patterson.

10. One book you’d like to write: "Entering Ministry When You're 30 OR Ministry as a Single Guy and other humorous tales"

So, now it's my turn to tag some friends. My choices: fellow youth pastor Evan Mattei; missions man extraordinaire Matt Wilkie; and other superduper missions guy Tom Hammond.

No comments: