Thursday, March 29, 2007

Yosemite Tales: #3 story from my trip.

Here is the third-funniest story from my five-day adventure in Yosemite National Park.

Apparently, the forces that control weather in Yosemite like to play with my mind.

A year ago, I visited at the end of March, beginning of April. It snowed on me -- on April Fool's Day.

Two months ago, I visited, expecting wintry weather. It was spring-like.

This week, I returned, unsure of what I'd get. It rained. It was cold. Oh, and it snowed. Again. Two straight years. Trips near the end of March. And snow.

It'd been years since I had slept in a tent while it was raining. Oh yes, did I fail to mention that I was REALLY camping? Wild. Rain turned into snow, as Monday night turned into Tuesday morning. I got up around 6:30AM and went walking around, taking a few dozen photos of the beauty.

The snow melted as the day went along, but fresh snow kept falling. Later in the afternoon, lots of snow fell but very little stuck. By the end of the day, there was almost no evidence of the snow. But it was still a pretty sight.

Hmm. March 2008...Yosemite, anyone?

3 comments:

Tom Hammond said...

Hey Rob,

Great pics. What kind of camera do you use?

Rob Cunningham said...

all my yosemite pics this trip were taken on a digital, point-and-shoot camera, the olympus stylus 710. sleek little camera, gets up to 7.1 megapixel. cool device.

Tom Hammond said...

I used a new Sony Cybershot for all our Amazon pics...8.1 megapixel and held up to Deet 100% insect repelant! Your pics seem more crisp than mine so I was just curious. Keep shooting!