- We remain a young nation, but in the words of scripture, the time has come to set aside childish things.
- Greatness must be earned.
- We must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin the work of remaking America.
- What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them.
- Without a watchful eye, the market can spin out of control.
- We are the keepers of this legacy. (NOTE: I think this is the standout phrase of the speech.)
- We know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness.
- The world has changed, and we must change with it.
- Let it be said that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Inauguration Day: Post 9
A few memorable and noteworthy phrases from Obama's inaugural address: