Friday, May 11, 2007

D'ya ever notice?

Today I finally got around to getting my new registration tags on my car. I had intended to do it earlier (they were due April 20), but I had misplaced the forms from the state. Last night I finally found them.

In the last week or so, and even today after getting the new tags, I was surprised by just how many cars DON'T have current registration stickers. Just a few minutes ago, I was behind a car whose new sticker should have been added in January. I've seen a lot of fellow-violators from the month of April, and I even saw one this morning from October of last year.

I guess we're low-priority violators for cops, but I've spent the last few days with close eyes on the road, to make sure no cop pulled directly behind me and saw my expired tags. Maybe I'd get a ticket, maybe I wouldn't, maybe it would just be a warning. But I didn't want to take a risk. Fortunately, now there is no longer a risk. For me, anyway.

No comments: